Skip to content
PAPER PIECING SUPPLIES FOR JUDY NIEMEYER QUILTWORX WORKSHOPS
Download a PDF copy of this supply list here
Many of these supplies are available for purchase at michaelquilts.com/shop. Other great sources are your local quilt shop and amazon!
- Sewing Machine equipped with Microtex Sharp Needle (size 70/10 or 80/12)
- 50wt or 60wt thread
- Basic Sewing Supplies (scissors, pins, seam ripper, etc.)
- Rotary Cutter (60mm is best for pattern prep – 45mm for paper piecing)
- Cutting Mat (24” x 36”) for cutting out pattern pieces, foundation papers, and preparing fabric strips. A (12” x 18”) is a great size after cutting out pattern pieces and fabric, to have next to your sewing area -OR – you can continue to use the big one as your only cutting mat for the entire workshop underneath and to the side of your sewing machine if you like.
- Straight Rulers (6” x 24”), (3” x 18”), and any other small straight rulers you like.
- Curved Ruler (nice to have but not required). For cutting curved pattern pieces.
- Small Iron
- Pressing Surface
- Acorn Easy Press Starch Pen with Starch
- Repositionable or Restickable Glue Sticks (Scotch/3M makes these)
- Fabric Glue Pen with Refills (Fons & Porter or Sewline brands recommended)
- Washable Glue Stick (UHU stic or Elmer’s Washable School Glue stick are best)
- Add-A-Quarter Ruler (12” recommended, but you might want 18” and 6” too)
- Jumbo Paper Clips (get the regular smooth metal jumbo kind)
- Standard Size Stapler
- Large Ziploc (or any brand) Freezer Bags – Gallon Size or larger
- 3-Ringer Binder with Sheet Protectors
- Black Sharpie
- Plastic Fold Templates – make these from Template Plastic (3-inch by 6”, 12”, 18”)
- Clorox or any brand wipes to clean glue from tools and presser foot (nice to have)
- Small Curved Embroidery Scissors (nice to have but not required)
- Purple Thang or Stiletto (nice to have but not required)
- Scotch Tape or Nexcare Clear Flexible Tape (nice to have but not required)
- A Light Table (very nice to have during certain steps, but not required)